Play or pause? “thank u, next”

Play or pause? thank u, next

Emma Lopp, Reporter

Ariana Grande has been at the forefront of the music industry for a long time. However, her recent broken engagement coupled with the death of her ex Mac Miller, has put her life all over the news. Between 2018’s release “Sweetener”, single “thank u, next”, and February 8th’s album release, she has barely stopped working. This week beating out Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello, Grande won the 2019 Grammy for best pop vocal album, “Sweetener”. Her hit song “God Is a Woman” was also Grammy nominated for best pop solo performance. She will be touring both albums in 2019 starting in March, playing 50 of her 70 shows in America. But is it all too much? Or is God really a woman- Ariana Grande?

So- Play or Pause?

Play

Elise Conrad// Sophomore

“I love how she is always so confident no matter how much hate she gets. Her music is very upbeat so when I listen to it, it puts me in a good mood. Her range when she sings is so good, so I love to hear it when she hits those high notes.”

Pause

A.J. James// Junior

“She’s not my favorite artist. Sort of sounds like autotune and a little whiny, especially when she hits the high notes. It’s not my favorite sound. She’s more pop and when you get more into pop music it’s more autotune, so it has less feeling from the artist aside from what they’ve written.”