Part Of Their World

Sydney Bylery, Reporter

Theatre-goers anxiously wait in line for tickets to a show that’s almost sold out. Some wait to buy flowers to send backstage, others feast at the concession stand run by dedicated parents. A few glance at pictures at the picture table.

Sophomore Zemyia Fuqua-Jackson has been in school plays since sixth grade.

“Making friends and getting to know them while we grow as actors: we become family,” Fuqua-Jackson said.

For weeks leading up to the debut weekend, the cast  spends countless hours after school. They work together; dancing, singing, to building sets they do it like an assembly line. All the workers have to do their job to striving for a great end result.

Senior Elizabeth Hop plays Ursula in the fall show The Little Mermaid.

“I think people are going to appreciate how much hard work we’ve put into this show,” Hop said.

“People are going to love the sets, the costumes, and the dance numbers. Everything took a lot more work this year to make things look spectacular,” sophomore Mallory Baumann, who has been cast in plays since she was seven years old, said.

Cast members are excited to perform and let the audience become ‘part of their world’.The musical version The Little Mermaid is comparable to the movie, but senior Chelsea Nevil, who plays Ariel, gave hints as to what will make this musical special.

“I think the audience will love it because it’s a lot like the movie,” Nevil said. “There are some major differences that are going to shock people. The music is even better. There are kids and the sets are really bright and colorful.”