Blotter

The race is on – take a look at perspective junior class presidents By//Lily Haag

Monday, November 13 the junior class will vote on who will serve as class officers for the remainder of their high school careers. Take a look at the video and Q & As below to see what they have to offer.

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 2.47.38 PM

Noor Qureshi

Q: What extracurricular activities are you involved with?
A: I do tennis, I’m in Key Club, Be a Better Bulldog, student council, Model UN, and Science Olympiad.

Q: What experience do you have with student government?
A: I’ve been in student council since middle school. I was actually president my eighth grade year.

Q: If you’re elected, what are some things you would like to do?
A: If I’m elected I want to hear what you guys want to do. I’m not going to go on and on about my ideas, the students need to give me their ideas.

Q:Why should people vote for you?
A: I’m well-rounded and I have great ideas. Mostly I think we need to do more community service stuff and more fundraising.

Ben Lewis

A: I’m in student council, cross country, track, and the Taylor Swift fan club.

A: I was on student council last year and I observed everything. This was the year I really started to do something with it.

A: Even if I’m not elected I want to do more student activities like powder puff, student faculty games, maybe a homecoming dance.

Q: Why should people vote for you?
A: I want to better the school and better the students experience in high school.

Ian Kimbell

A: I do programming team, academic decathlon, Science Olympiad, academic team, marching band, Model UN, and of course student government.

A: Eighth grade was my first year as president and ever since then I’ve kept moving on up.

A: Student council last year has been really centered on the canned food drive. We haven’t done a lot of fun activities for everybody. Student council has been more like a Key Club for the last few years and this year we can still do all the fundraising but we can also have some fun activities.

Q: Why should people vote for you?
A: I have a lot of experience so I can hit the ground running. I really know what I’m doing as far as student council goes. I’ve already shown that I’m willing and able to get things done.

Kyla Weber

A: I’m in Key Club, volleyball, softball, student council, and Be a Better Bulldog.

A: When I went to Highland Hills I helped lead student council there. Also all of the teams I’ve been on I have had leadership roles?

A: I want to make sure everyone has a chance to have a say about what goes on at our school. Most people don’t even know who is on student council. I want to make sure we have more social events.

Q: Why should people vote for you?
A: I’m very accepting towards everything else and I would got to the students before making plans. I’d would make sure I heard more people’s opinions.