Blotter

Hoosier fans excited for next season

Alex Wallingford

Bulldog fans who happen to also be Hoosier fans are looking forward to seeing Romeo Langford in candy stripes.

The Hoosiers have managed to land four-four star recruits to make up the #9 ranked recruiting class in the nation: Robert Phinisee, Jerome Hunter, Damezi Anderson, and Jake Forrester. They also managed to land New Albany star Romeo Langford, the fifth best player in the nation and a five star recruit. Indiana has gained some young talent that can score and most importantly, win games.

“It’s a good class,” math teacher and longtime IU fan Ron Eads said. “It’s a step in the right direction and it is nice to say that now, but we will be able to determine that after the season. I would like to see them stay another year (not to be greedy) and maybe get some more recruits.”

The Indiana Hoosiers have had some hard times in recent years regarding men’s basketball.

He’s not the first player from New Albany to ever go there,” Eads said. “But it is going to be cool. I want to wish him the best. I would have been happy with anywhere he went and still would have been an Indiana fan.”

Senior Joey Steinert will also be attending IU Bloomington next fall, and will have the opportunity to see his classmate play in person.  

“I’m really excited for next year because I’m a diehard IU fan,” Steinert said. “Romeo is not only going to represent our school well, but also our state.”

Junior Nolan Keeler has been watching Langford play since he was in the fifth grade and is excited to see him continue playing at his favorite college

“This is easily the most excited I’ve been for Hoosier basketball,” Keeler said. “Not only are we getting one of the best player in the nation, but he’s also coming from New Albany.”

Keeler predicts Langford will play a huge role in the offense next season.

“[Langford] is going to play a huge role as one of our biggest scorers,” Keeler said. “He can score from anywhere he wants so they will have to double team him or Juwan Morgan giving the Hoosiers a lot of open men.”

The biggest Indiana fans at NAHS are expecting big things from the Hoosiers this season.

“I see us winning the Big Ten Championship and making a deep run in the NCAA tournament,” Steinert said.

“As long as Morgan comes back we will win and be dominant in the Big 10,” Keeler said.

“I think we have a really good shot at winning the Big 10 and making a deep run in the tournament,” junior Samantha Condra said.

“I expect us to be top three in the Big 10. A Lot of our games last season were devastating loses towards the end of the game, but we are moving in the right direction. I would also say at least a sweet 16 appearance in the NCAA tournament,” Eads said.