Blotter

Doing your share for cleaner air by// Rhiannon Tackett

fullsizerenderYou might not be able to see it, feel it, or hear it, but without air we wouldn’t have life as we know it.

All living beings including plants & animals are dependent on air oxygen for generation of valuable life energy. Body cells take up oxygen from blood and generate energy from food in the form of ATP. Without it, life would not be possible as seen on other planets in our Solar system, according to natureeducation.org

The air quality on earth has changed drastically over the last 50 years.With all the industries and factories in our cities, how could the air possibly stay clean? The Industrial Revolution of the mid-19th century introduced new sources of air and water pollution. By the middle of the 20th century, the effects of these changes were beginning to be felt in countries around the world, according to history.com

Most of this air pollution we cause results from the burning of fossil fuels, such as coal, oil, natural gas, and gasoline to produce electricity and power our vehicles.

Natural events that pollute the air include forest fires, volcanic eruptions, wind erosion, pollen dispersal, evaporation of organic compounds and natural radioactivity. Pollution from natural occurrences is not very often, according to eschooltoday.com

There are many ways that we can help out: using public transportation,  maintaining regular car check ups, or air-drying clothes. Just remember, the less energy being used the better.