Reality TV taking over television

By: Michelle Tucker

These days, it seems like every time someone turns the channel on the TV, a reality show can be found. It seems like anything can be and is turned into a reality show, and it doesn’t look like they’re going to stop making new ones.

The Real World, Big Brother, and The Bachelor/Bachelorette are just a few reality shows that have been around for years and are still popular. Since they first started, people have been following in their footsteps and creating reality shows of their own. They can be fun to watch, but it’s starting to seem like they’re running out of good ideas for them, and some are just starting to get repetitive.

Shows about snobby rich girls, stuck-up celebrities, and drunken guidos and guidettes are taking over the television. All anyone sees and hears about are these shows, that have no meaning and are almost pointless. When it comes to pointless television, it’s only continuing. Anything can be made into a show these days. As long as the star is pregnant, has multiple kids or multiple wives, or they’re just having a hard time figuring out what to do with their father’s money; they could have their own reality show.

Reality TV is addicting, no matter how odd the plot might be. With the ratings for these shows being as high as they are, it’s not a shock that they’re still around and just keep coming. They won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.

6 Responses to “Reality TV taking over television”

1. michael kors perfumes on December 31st, 2012 6:27 am

I think the admin of this site is in fact working hard for his site,
    for the reason that here every data is quality based material.

2. discount nfl jersey on December 31st, 2012 8:10 am

What i don’t understood is if truth be told how you are not actually a lot more neatly-preferred than you might be now. You are very intelligent. You already know therefore significantly on the subject of this matter, made me in my view imagine it from a lot of varied angles. Its like women and men aren’t interested
    unless it is one thing to accomplish with Girl gaga!
    Your personal stuffs nice. All the time maintain it up!

3. christian louboutin for cheap on January 3rd, 2013 7:39 am

It’s truly very complicated in this active life to listen news on TV, thus I just use web for that purpose, and obtain the most recent news.

4. cheap jerseys store on January 5th, 2013 2:31 pm

Every weekend i used to visit this web page, as i want enjoyment,
    as this this web site conations really pleasant funny material too.

5. nike free run 3 on January 11th, 2013 1:08 am

Helpful info. Lucky me I discovered your site by
    chance, and I’m shocked why this accident did not came about in advance! I bookmarked it.

6. ray ban outlet on January 24th, 2013 3:43 pm

I believe that is among the so much significant info for
    me. And i’m glad studying your article. But should commentary on some basic things, The web site style is ideal, the articles is really great : D. Good task, cheers

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The Student News Site of New Albany High School
Reality TV taking over television